zaterdag 15 december 2012

Interview with Terry Irving by Nick Wale

Hey all!


Nick Wale interviewed the infamous Terry Irving for his latest interview! 



Q) It’s a pleasure to meet you, Terry. Let me ask you something personal before we begin. You didn’t come across Bobby Darin on your journalistic travels, did you?


A) He died in 1973. I did interview Ricky Nelson about Elvis Presley.


Q) Really? What was he like?


A) Dumb as a rock.


Q) No way! I like Ricky.


A) I was doing a story on the seventh anniversary of Elvis’ death and all the hagiography was just beginning. He had a fantastic manager that had all the stories about Colonel Tom down. Ricky was a loss. Also met Colonel Tom Parker at Elvis’ birthplace and Sam Philips in the the original Sun Studios down in Memphis.


Q) Colonel Tom was a genius in my opinion. I’m a huge Elvis fan and I don’t think Elvis would have been as big without Tom Parker.


A) He might have been bigger. Tom (Parker) kept him from growing. Do you know that he didn’t start advertising until Elvis’ shows were completely sold out? He created a frenzy.



Read the rest of the interview by clicking here!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie plaatsen